Minnesota & Alaska Wrongful Death Lawyer
Pursuing compensation for surviving family members
A wrongful death is defined as “the death of a person caused by the conduct or negligence of another.” While the definition may be relatively simple, determining and pursuing compensation for surviving family members can be extremely complex.
When death is caused by the wrongful act or negligence of any person, corporation or other entity, the surviving family members may seek compensation from that person, corporation or entity.
A wrongful death action can rise from any type of accident or injury, including but not limited to:
- A car, truck or motorcycle accident
- Medical error or medical malpractice
- A nursing home or assisted care facility accident
- An injury or accident suffered by a commercial fisherman or other boat worker
As a certified Civil Trial specialist, Todd Young has the experience and expertise to help you understand how the law applies to your situation, and build a plan to ensure you are getting the compensation you deserve. The survivors or beneficiaries may be entitled to compensation in one or more of the following forms:
- Any reasonably expected loss in income of the decedent suffered by the survivors or beneficiaries.
This amount can have an enormous range, especially in cases where the person who was killed was the primary bread-winner of a household who had several years or even decades of earning potential ahead of him or her.
- Any reasonably expected loss of services, protection, care, and/or assistance which the decedent provided to the survivors / beneficiaries. This may come in the form of insurance coverage, pensions or other benefits provided to the deceased.
- Compensation for sorrow, mental anguish, and loss of peace of mind which includes loss of society, companionship, comfort and guidance
- Expenses for the care, treatment and hospitalization of the decedent incident to the injury resulting in death
- Reasonable funeral expenses
If you have lost a loved one, family member, spouse or child due to an accident caused by another person, company or other entity, call the law office of Todd Young. Todd understands that when the head of a household or main income earner passes away it can bring the function of a family to a complete stop. Todd will work with you to secure compensation so that you can focus on your emotional recovery.
Call his office at 651-636-2111 or click here to contact his law office via email.